What are you looking for?
Santa's Victorian Christmas | SOLD OUT
01 Dec 2023 - 23 Dec 2023
15:30 - 19:45
Cardiff Castle, Castle Street, Cardiff CF10 3RBGoogle map
Come and visit Santa Claus at Cardiff Castle this Christmas.
We are delighted that Father Christmas himself will once again find time in his hectic schedule to join us, here at Cardiff Castle. A festive treat for the whole family, your group can enjoy a private tour of the beautifully decorated apartments and learn about Victorian Christmas traditions. Afterwards, meet Santa in the Castle’s Drawing Room and receive a gift, followed by some seasonal treats served in the Library. Don’t forget to stop by the Castle’s gift shop, where you will get a discount if you present your ticket.
|YOUR TICKET INCLUDES:|
- A private tour of the Castle Apartments where a costumed guide will lead your group and tell you all about a Victorian Christmas.
- A festive themed treasure hunt around the rooms.
- A private meeting with Santa in the Drawing Room, including a choice of gift.
- Complimentary mulled wine or soft drink and biscuits in the Library.
- A 10% discount* in the Castle’s Christmas Gift Shop.
2021 prices have been held for weekdays tours.
- Weekday Private Tour £70 (to include up to 2 Adults and 2 Children)
- Weekend Private Tour £80 (to include up to 2 Adults and 2 Children)
- Additional Child £15 (Maximum 6 additional)
- Additional Adult £10 (Maximum 4 additional)
To provide the best value, we are allowing groups to book additional tickets for family and close friends. This means each session can have a strict maximum of 6 Adults & 8 Children.
Each child will have a meeting with Santa and will be able to choose their gift from a selection of unwrapped toys.
|Fri 01 Dec*
|Sun 03 Dec
|Thu 07 Dec
|Fri 08 Dec
|Sun 10 Dec
|Sat 16 Dec
|Sun 17 Dec*
|Thu 21 Dec
|Fri 22 Dec*
|Sat 23 Dec*
Please note: Weekend dates (£80 per tour) are shown in bold. Dates with an asterisk indicate where a bilingual Santa is scheduled to appear, however, we cannot guarantee this will be the case.
- The ticket price includes up to 2 Adults and 2 Children. Up to 4 additional adult tickets may be purchased for £10 each and up to 6 additional child places at £15 each. A group visit has a strict limit of 14 people.
- Tickets are required for each child and each adult attending. Babies under 6 months do not require a ticket but will not be able to visit Santa or receive a gift without one.
- This year, we will be offering a choice of gifts that will not be wrapped.
- Please note that the house is a historic building and gaining access includes stones steps and narrow doorways. We regret that the rooms are not accessible for those with mobility difficulties and there is no wheelchair access.
- Your ticket is only valid for the time stated on your booking. Due to the busy nature of the event, we will be unable to accommodate you if you arrive late or for the wrong session. Please aim to arrive at least 10 minutes before your session time. There are many events and attractions in the Castle throughout the Christmas period so you may want to arrive early to take advantage of these.
- Please ensure that you allow plenty of time to reach the Castle. We are located in the centre of a busy capital city. Heavy traffic and increased demand on parking will add to journey times during December. There is no parking available on site.
- There will not be an official photographer present, but you are welcome to take as many photos as you wish using cameras and smartphones. We regret that filming the visit is not permitted.
- Pushchairs cannot be taken inside the Victorian House. You will be advised where to leave pushchairs upon arrival.
- In the event of the unexpected cancellation of a session due to adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances, full refunds will only be given if an alternative time or date is unavailable. If in doubt, and to avoid disappointment, we would advise you to contact the Castle on 029 2087 8100 before travelling.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Should any event cancellations occur then ticket costs will be reimbursed, however, any booking fees will be retained by the agent. You may consider the ticket insurance option when making your booking.
- I have read and understand the additional information provided when booking (this information is also printed on your e-ticket).
- I confirm that I agree to abide by all rules whilst on site.
- When am I able to book tickets?
Tickets will go on general sale from 10:00 on Mon 02 October 2023. A link to Ticketsource will be available on our website.
- Am I able to phone or email the Castle to book tickets?
No. We are unable to take bookings directly. All ticket sales need to be completed through Ticketsource.
- There is an error message with my booking.
Please contact Ticketsource directly on 0333 666 44 66
- Am I able to add people to my booking after I have completed my transaction?
No. It is not possible to add people to your booking once it is completed so we ask that you plan ahead on how many tickets you are going to need for your group.
- Am I able to change my booking time or date after I have completed my transaction?
No. Due to the anticipated high level of interest and the limited number of spaces we are unable to make changes to your booking. Therefore, it is important that you ensure you selected the correct date and time during the booking process.
- What if the event gets cancelled?
This event will only be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. Should any session cancellations occur, your order will be cancelled and ticket costs will be reimbursed, less any booking fees. We advise that you consider the ticket insurance provided by Ticketsource to get a full refund.
- Why are the weekend tours priced more expensive?
While we were hoping to maintain 2021 prices for all dates this year, higher operational costs at weekends due to staff wages, etc, meant that this would have proven to be prohibitive. The increase in price at weekends will help towards mitigating those costs, while allowing us to hold the weekdays at the former price point.
- Are the tours inside or outside?
The Christmas tours are inside the Castle apartments and will include the Winter Smoking Room, Nursery, Banqueting Hall, Small Dining Room and the Drawing Room. In order to get to these rooms there are stairs and as such it is not suitable to pushchairs or people with mobility issues.
- How long do the tours last?
The tours, including the visit with Santa, will last for up to 40 minutes.
- I’m in a wheelchair, can I still attend?
Unfortunately, due to the historic nature of the building and its numerous staircases, this experience is not suitable for wheelchair users or people with mobility issues.
- I have a pushchair, can I take it with me on the tour?
We cannot allow pushchairs within the Castle apartments and would ask that you do not bring one with you on site. If, however, you do need to bring a pushchair with you then you will be shown where it can be left. Note that any items left will be at the owner’s risk.
- Are the tours suitable for babies?
These tours have been created to show and describe a Victorian Christmas to families, the content is relevant to younger children.
Babes in arms are still able to attend and any child less than 6 months old does not need to purchase a ticket, however, please note that a baby without a ticket will not get a gift from Santa. Older children are welcome to attend, and our tour guides will look to adapt the content of the tour to keep them engaged where possible.
- What time should I arrive for my tour?
When you book, you will be given the starting time for your tour, please plan to arrive with time to spare before your tour. Around 10 minutes before the tour is due to start, please make your way up to the gallery to meet your guide (staff will be on hand to provide directions if needed). Should you arrive late for your tour you may miss part or all of your experience, note that refunds will not be provided for late arrivals.
- Will my child be able to sit next to Santa?
Yes. There will be space for your child to sit or stand with Santa, to talk to him and to have photographs taken.
- I have dietary requirements, will there be a suitable alternative to the biscuit?
Please e-mail email@example.com to inform us of your dietary requirement, including your booking reference, with the date and time of your visit, and we will endeavour to provide a suitable alternative.