What are you looking for?
VISIT CARDIFF CASTLE SAFELY
Cardiff Castle will reopen to general admission for 4 days a week from Thu 19 November. The Castle’s Public Square will remain open 7 days a week with free admission.
To help control visitor numbers, everybody (including Castle Key and Annual Pass holders) will be required to book a timed arrival slot in advance.
Certain areas of the Castle will remain closed due to social distancing and we will not be offering any guided tours until further notice. Please make sure to check back here for the latest updates before planning your visit.
Ahead of reopening, we have put a number of new safety measures in place. We request that all visitors please respect the rules and guidelines, for your own protection and the safety of others.
|Public Square||10:00 – 17:00|
|Castle Admission||10:00 – 16:00|
HOW TO BOOK
- General admission visits will be available Thursday – Sunday.
- Tickets on sale every Monday at 10am for the coming Thursday-Sunday period
- Available timeslots are 10:00 / 11:00 / 12:00 / 13:00 / 14:00 / 15:00
- Each timeslot has a capacity of 40 admission tickets and 35 keyholder slots
Ticket are available online only until 10 minutes before each timeslot at which point any remaining tickets can be purchased from the ticket office. We recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment.
|Child (Aged 5 – 16)*||£10.00|
|Senior / Student / Disabled**||£12.00|
|Adult Family Ticket||£42.00|
|Senior Family Ticket||£38.00|
* Children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult
** A single carer may enter for free with each disabled visitor
What parts of the Castle are open?
|Castle Grounds||Social distancing in place.|
|Battlement Walk||One way system and social distancing in place.|
|Wartime Tunnels||One way system and social distancing in place.|
|Norman Keep||Limited capacity and social distancing in place.|
|Victorian Apartments||Limited capacity and social distancing in place.|
|Castle Cafe||Limited menu and no indoor seating, please pay with contactless if possible.|
|Castle Gift Shop||Social distancing in place.|
|Audio Guides||Get our free audio guide on your smart phone, search for Cardiff Castle in the app store.|
|Roman Wall & Chariot Corner||Coming soon.|
|Firing Line Museum||Coming soon.|
|The Trebuchet||Social distancing in place.|
Please note that in the interests of safety, this list will be subject to change, without prior notice, as circumstances dictate.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The Castle will be open to visitors on Thursday to Sunday from 19 Nov.
- The Castle’s Public Square is open daily, free of charge, everyone is welcome to come in and also to visit the gift shop and dining area.
- The Castle’s Public Square is currently open from 10:00 – 20:00 daily. The areas covered by general admission are open 10:00 – 16:30 Thu – Sun (subject to change).
- Yes, you can still sign-up for a new Castle Key or renew an existing one at the ticket office. Because we had to close during lockdown, we’re even adding an extra 3 months to the lifespan of all new Key cards and renewals until March 2023.
- Yes, the Castle’s Keep Dining area will be open from 10:00 – 20:00 daily, serving a takeaway menu from 12 Nov with a larger menu and app ordering available from 28 Nov.
- Yes, there will be open toilet facilities with hand washing and hand sanitiser available.
- Pets are allowed in to the public square. Although pets are not usually allowed, this restriction has been temporarily lifted while the Castle is open as a public space.
- Bikes are allowed in to the public square. Although we don’t usually allow bikes in to the grounds, this restriction has been temporarily lifted while the Castle is open as a public space.