- Available from 3rd January - 30th November 2017, Sunday -Thursday, subject to minimum numbers.
- Weekend banquets may be possible, please contact us for further information.
- See below for forthcoming availability.
- Please contact 029 2087 8100 to make a booking or for further information
An unforgettable evening of Welsh hospitality in the historic surroundings of Cardiff Castle.
Join us for a relaxed and informal evening where you can enjoy the best of Welsh entertainment, Welsh food and the warmest of welcomes from your hosts, who will entertain you with a selection of traditional and contemporary songs in both English and Welsh.
This is a great value night at just £45 per person including mead-tasting on arrival, a 3 course meal, half a bottle of wine per person (or soft drinks) and all the entertainment.
You won’t be able to resist joining in the hwyl*.
The Welsh Banquets are hosted in either the stone-vaulted, atmospheric 15th century Undercroft or the Interpretation Centre, which offers a unique blend of contemporary slate interiors and original 4th century Roman Walls with stunning views of the Keep.
*Hwyl / noun (Welsh) - a stirring feeling of emotional motivation and energy
Bar opens: 7pm
Banquet begins: 7.30pm
Banquet ends: 10pm (approx.)
Dress code: informal casual wear
For a small extra charge, a tour of the Castle apartments can be arranged before the banquet at £5 per person (minimum number applies). Evening tours begin from 6pm.
Please note Welsh Banquets are not held every night, therefore pre-booking is essential. Call 029 2087 8100 for details.
Available dates: please contact us for further details on
029 2087 8100
Frequently Asked Questions
Where will my banquet take place?
- The Welsh Banquets are hosted in either the stone-vaulted, atmospheric 15th century Undercroft or the Interpretation Centre, which offers a unique blend of contemporary slate interiors and original 4th century Roman Walls with stunning views of the Keep. You will be advised where your banquet will take place when you book.
Can I take a tour of the Castle?
- Tours of the Castle can be arranged before the banquet, at an additional cost of £5 per person. Please note that the tour will involve steps and lasts approximately 30 minutes. The tour route will vary depending on which rooms are available. If you would like to enjoy a full tour of the Castle, we are open daily from 9am with House Tours available from 10am.
Will the Gift Shop be open?
- The Castle Gift Shop (located in the Interpretation Centre) will be open before the banquet. We have a great selection of gifts, Welsh crafts and fabulous jewelry.
What happens when I arrive?
- Banquets start at 7.30pm, and we ask that you arrive no later than 7.15pm. If you are taking a tour of the Castle before the banquet you will be advised of your arrival time. Castle staff will be on hand to direct you when you arrive, and the banquet will then finish at approximately 10pm.
What should I wear?
- The Welsh Banquet is a relaxed evening and we want you to be comfortable. We would suggest that smart casual wear is appropriate.
Where can I park?
- The Castle is located in the city centre, with plenty of car parking available. The nearest NCP car park is on Quay Street, and there is on street parking around the civic centre. Further travel advice can be found on our website: cardiffcastle.com/directions. If you have a blue badge and require parking, please let us know at the time of booking.
Is the banquet suitable for children?
- We would recommend that the banquet is suitable for older children (aged 14 and over) although parental discretion should be used. Please note that children are served the same meal, and the same price would apply.
What is the menu?
- There is a set 3 course menu included in the package, and we can cater for dietary requirements (including vegetarian options) with prior notice. The current menus are available for download from our website. You also get a mead tasting on arrival, and half a bottle of wine or soft drinks during the meal. Additional drinks are available to buy from the bar.
How do I book?
- Banquets are held regularly and you can book by contacting us: 029 2087 8100, email@example.com. The cost is £45 per person and we will need a £20 deposit per person when you book, with full payment 7 days before your banquet. Pre-booking is essential as availability is limited.
Do you have disabled access?
- Both banquet locations have disabled access and toilets. If you or anyone in your group has mobility issues, please let us know at the time of booking. Unfortunately, the tour of the Castle is not accessible to wheelchairs.
What are the seating arrangements?
- We have round tables, usually seating 10 guests to a table. As we like to keep things informal, there won’t be a seating plan but the Master of Ceremonies will call you through and let you know where you will be sitting. Depending on the number of guests, larger groups may be split, and if you are in a smaller party you may be asked to join another group.