What are you looking for?
Plan Ahead: Travel Advice for Sat 25 Feb 2023
Sat, 25 Feb 2023
Wales will be taking on England on Saturday February 25that Principality Stadium.
With the kick-off taking place at 16:45 – there will be a full city centre road closure from 12:45 until 20:45 to ensure all ticket holders can get into and out of the stadium safely.
The M4 motorway is expected to be very busy – please plan ahead – and avoid the congestion in Cardiff by using the park & ride at County Hall in Cardiff Bay.
Gates open at 14:15, those attending the rugby match are strongly advised to plan their journey and get in early. Please pay attention to the prohibited items listed at , in particular the bag policy (no large bags permitted) before travelling into the city.
From 07:00, Scott Road and Park Street will be closed because of the need to prepare Gate 5 and protect queuing fans.
The following roads will be closed as part of the full city centre road closure which will take place at 12:45 until 20:45.
- Kingsway from its junction with North Road to its junction with Duke Street.
- Cowbridge Road East from its junction with Cathedral Road to its junction with Westgate Street.
- Tudor Street from its junction with Clare Road to its junction with Wood Street (access for residents and traders will be permitted via Fitzhammon Embankment).
- Plantagenet Street and Beauchamp Street from their junctions with Despenser Place to their junctions with Tudor Street (access for residents and traders will be permitted).
- The following roads will be closed in their entirety: Duke Street, Castle St, High Street, St Mary Street, Caroline Street, Wood Street, Central Square, Westgate Street, Quay Street, Guildhall Place, Golate, Park Street, Havelock Street and Scott Road.
- Station Terrace and Guildford Street from the junction with Newport Road to the junction with Churchill Way will be access for buses only during the times of the road closures. This is to ensure that there is reliable access for buses to the satellite points in Churchill Way.
- Additionally, Penarth Road will be closed 30 minutes before the game finishes and up to hour after the final whistle on safety grounds for train passengers arriving and departing from the train station.
Civic Centre: Access to part of the Civic Centre will be controlled throughout the day, with access allowed only for event parking, limited commuter parking, loading and access to private car parks.
Roads affected include King Edward VII Avenue, Museum Avenue, City Hall Road, College Road and Gorsedd Gardens Road.
For full travel advice, including public transport, please read the full Travel Advice article at cardiffnewsroom.co.uk